About this project
For many years now, Montréal-Est has shown major signs of poverty and vulnerability. The social fabric is not very strong, and the community has little in the way of activities and services for a population with growing needs. Insecure resources make any form of structured community work difficult.
A committee of stakeholders who are concerned with this situation was created in September 2016. This committee is trying to break down barriers to make it easier to reach out to children and families in the territory. The transfer of expertise from best practices in neighbouring Pointe-aux-Trembles will help launch a promising developmental pilot project for the community.
- Action Secours, Vie d’Espoir
- Carrefour jeunesse-emploi (CJE) Pointe-aux-Trembles–Montréal-Est
- Centre intégré universitaire de santé et de services sociaux (CIUSSS) de l’Est-de-l’Île-de-Montréal
- Corporation de développement communautaire (CDC) de la Pointe
- École Saint-Octave
- Fédération des coopératives d’habitation intermunicipale du Montréal métropolitain (FECHIMM)
- Je Réussis
- Office of Pointe-aux-Trembles MNA Nicole Léger
- Prévention Montréal-Est (Tandem)
- Service de police de la Ville de Montréal–Poste de quartier 49
- Ville de Montréal, Rivière-des-Prairies–Pointe-aux-Trembles borough
- Ville de Montréal-Est
Establish better collaboration between partners to facilitate everyone's work.
Reach out to a vulnerable and isolated clientele.
We want to establish better collaboration between partners to make it easier to reach out to children and families in the territory.